This has to be the most beautiful assortment of pictures I have ever seen of the AT, considering I am a junkie, that is a serious compliment. Phenomenol work. Have you published these? I would buy them up in a heartbeat. Thank you for sharing your journey and further inspiring me closer to my dream of thru hiking. May I ask what kind of camera you used? Talent is what made these pictures as beautiful as they are but everyone must start somewhere right?
Hi Matt! It's Slowfoot from Upper Goose Pond Cabin! Congratulations on tying the knot with Lily! And I'm sorry to hear about U-dog. It's nice too read your blog and see all your great photos! I read about your book, Fast, Light & Free, online (can't remember where!) and purchased the book. I was surprised but and in awe that you remembered me in the book! I never forgot you and U-dog and your visit to Upper Goose Pond Cabin. Your artwork (the comic strip) has been framed and hanging on my walls since 2007! Thank you again! I hope you and your family are all safe during these challenging times! I'd love to be back in touch with you! I admire all that you have done. As a thru hiker and cyclist myself, I've developed health issues due to overuse as well as from cycling mishaps, so I don't hike as much as I'd like to these days. Reading your blogs is very inspiring, however, and gives me incentive to try and get out more. My wife and I started a small business called MountainBlaze and we have a shop on Etsy. I post things for MountainBlaze on Instagram sometimes including some personal memories on the Trail. Today I posted the comic strip that you illustrated for me back in 2007 and the cover of your book. I talked a bit about how I met you and U-dog and how important fellowship on the Trail is. I didn't know if you had an Instagram account.. I would love to tag you on that post if you do! We are @mountainblazearts. Would love to hear back from you sometime. If you don't have Instagram you can message me through our Etsy shop (MountainBlaze.Etsy.com). Take care, stay safe. Slowfoot
Comments
It's Slowfoot from Upper Goose Pond Cabin! Congratulations on tying the knot with Lily! And I'm sorry to hear about U-dog. It's nice too read your blog and see all your great photos!
I read about your book, Fast, Light & Free, online (can't remember where!) and purchased the book. I was surprised but and in awe that you remembered me in the book! I never forgot you and U-dog and your visit to Upper Goose Pond Cabin. Your artwork (the comic strip) has been framed and hanging on my walls since 2007! Thank you again!
I hope you and your family are all safe during these challenging times! I'd love to be back in touch with you! I admire all that you have done. As a thru hiker and cyclist myself, I've developed health issues due to overuse as well as from cycling mishaps, so I don't hike as much as I'd like to these days. Reading your blogs is very inspiring, however, and gives me incentive to try and get out more.
My wife and I started a small business called MountainBlaze and we have a shop on Etsy. I post things for MountainBlaze on Instagram sometimes including some personal memories on the Trail. Today I posted the comic strip that you illustrated for me back in 2007 and the cover of your book. I talked a bit about how I met you and U-dog and how important fellowship on the Trail is. I didn't know if you had an Instagram account.. I would love to tag you on that post if you do! We are @mountainblazearts. Would love to hear back from you sometime. If you don't have Instagram you can message me through our Etsy shop (MountainBlaze.Etsy.com). Take care, stay safe. Slowfoot