3.5: 1.5h, 200’ MTCC w/pack +ppp
3.6: 1.5h, 800’ 2x Ida +ppp
3.7: 1.1h, 800’ Umstead State Park
3.8: 1.6h, 800’ Umstead State Park
3.9: rest
3.10: 10.9h, 12,500+’ Grand Loop
3.11: 1h, 200’ Peavine +ppp
∑=16.6h, 15,300’
I was in Raleigh for a conference from Tuesday evening until Friday afternoon, but fortunately had two opportunities to run a cool figure-8 loop on some of Umstead’s superb singletrack. Thanks to Lily’s mom and my folks for such fine accommodations while downstream.
The grand finale for the week was of course, the Grand Loop. I’ve been infatuated with this route for the last few months and this Saturday’s wonderful weather provided a perfect opportunity for an unsupported attempt of the loop for the first time.
Long story short: Uwharrie and I started and finished from Pine Gap in a clockwise direction. We completed the route in 10h50m28s. Some raw footage from the day was compiled here, nothing too fancy, but some useful splits were recorded. I would highly encourage other folks to check out this incredibly wild and scenic route!
3.6: 1.5h, 800’ 2x Ida +ppp
3.7: 1.1h, 800’ Umstead State Park
3.8: 1.6h, 800’ Umstead State Park
3.9: rest
3.10: 10.9h, 12,500+’ Grand Loop
3.11: 1h, 200’ Peavine +ppp
∑=16.6h, 15,300’
I was in Raleigh for a conference from Tuesday evening until Friday afternoon, but fortunately had two opportunities to run a cool figure-8 loop on some of Umstead’s superb singletrack. Thanks to Lily’s mom and my folks for such fine accommodations while downstream.
The grand finale for the week was of course, the Grand Loop. I’ve been infatuated with this route for the last few months and this Saturday’s wonderful weather provided a perfect opportunity for an unsupported attempt of the loop for the first time.
Long story short: Uwharrie and I started and finished from Pine Gap in a clockwise direction. We completed the route in 10h50m28s. Some raw footage from the day was compiled here, nothing too fancy, but some useful splits were recorded. I would highly encourage other folks to check out this incredibly wild and scenic route!




Comments