Charlie, Mohammed and I successfully finished the 9th annual Art Loeb Trail Run in 16 hours on New Years Eve, the last day of the decade. As we slogged through the night, a blue moon illuminated the snow covered peaks and trail around us. Never once did I have to turn on my headlamp.
The blizzard from a week and a half ago and a more recent ice storm had destroyed the trail in many places. Freezing rain and strong winds, postholing and bushwhacking: these were the toughest conditions I've encountered on the Art Loeb in the last decade...
For me, the Art Loeb Trail is the starting point of adventure: the site of my first solo overnight hike and my first ultramarathon. This wonderful trail continues to challenge and inspire. Happy new year, happy new decade! May the adventures continue...
Comments
Great video man...really enjoyed it. Looks like you guys brought the New Year in right with an aweseome adventure.
Happy 2010!
-Adam