![]() |
| Over 30 miles and 12 hours of fieldwork |
Thanks to the phenomenal drafting and fieldwork of David Waller, most of the Eno River State Park has an orienteering map. About 250 acres of downstream park property to Guess Road remained unmapped so I took it upon myself to rectify this situation.
Turns out that a good bit of labor goes into making an orienteering map: over 30 miles and 12 hours of fieldwork, plus a good chunk of computer time! Nevertheless, it's been a fun project through the month of February. Some trips even became family outings.
![]() |
| If fieldwork is too easy, try it with a toddler! |
There are a lot of cool features stacked throughout this relatively narrow corridor and I look forward to the possibilities for future events. As a bonus, this project scratches off a small sliver from the daunting Thoreau Postman 3.0 should I dare go for it.




Comments