These things are pretty easy to find if you know you're within the area for the most part.
Knowing you're within the area is sometimes hard. All rock piles become suspect. Meanwhile there's this GPS device just a few finger swipes away from rescuing you. The struggle is real. I recommend the Birkhead unplugged to those daring to challenge their endurance and navigation. I will try and maintain this BOK info/results page into the future as long as folks email me updates.
For practice, there are three "permanent" courses using geocaches (go when you please) at CCMNA, CNF and Horton Grove. Each takes about 4-8 hours to clear. These are helpful for orienteers more accustomed to large orange/white flags to switch gears to small camouflaged targets. Inspired by my experience, I plan to deploy some map-based scavenger hunt adventures in the near future. Stay tuned...
![]() |
| Who's next? |

Comments